Monday, January 21, 2013

I may put up a token fight against Gadkari, Mahesh Jethmalani says

NEW DELHI: BJP leader Mahesh Jethmalani has hinted that he may throw his hat in the contest for the post of party president, if there is no one to challenge the incumbent Nitin Gadkari.
"I have not made up my mind, but if I decide, I may put up a token fight," Jethmalani told reporters on Monday when questioned about the possible contest.
Mahesh Jethmalani had earlier objected to Nitin Gadkari continuing as BJP president after alleged dubious business transactions linked to Purti Group had come to the fore.
On Sunday, the BJP issued a notification for its presidential election. Nomination papers for the top post will be filed on January 23 from 10am to 11.30am, and scrutiny will be held from 11.30am to noon.
A date for the election will be declared if required after the withdrawal of nominations between noon and 12.30pm, a BJP statement said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts