Monday, March 4, 2013

I LOVE BEING A SMALL TOWN GIRL WITH SIMPLE VALUES: SUKANYA BHATTACHARYA

Bong girl Sukanya Bhattacharya has already joined the race towards becoming the next Miss India. Adjudged Pond's Femina Miss India Kolkata 2nd runner up and Enhance Femina Miss Body Beautiful, she is confident of her strenghths and believes in eating healthy and staying healthy.

Sukanya talks about her aspirations and her preparations for the dream title.

How did you feel when they announced your name in top 23?
I felt as if I was in top of the world.At the same time my parents and friends were much more thrilled and it is the most memorable moment of my life till now.

Why did you take part in Miss India competition? Did anyone inspire you or you always wanted to be a Miss India?
It offers me a title that means Beauty with Brains! Its a big platform that has given me an opportunity inspite of having a non-modelling background.It was always my dream since my chilhood to wear the crown of Miss India, infact its the dream of every girl born in our country.

Your Favourite Miss India till date..
Taking the name of just one of them would be very wrong. I would rather say that all the Miss Indias' till date have been my favourites.

Tell us what sets you apart?
I am a girl who believes in carrying simple values in this complex world. I was never a part of modelling industry earlier. I started right from the scratch and Miss India was my aim. So, I can say that I got very independent at a very tender age hence that's what sets me apart.

Share your fitness regime and diet secrets
"Eat healthy , Stay healthy"! Avoid junk food and begin your day with 2 glasses of water.

Any special winning strategy/success mantra?
Be yourself! It all starts with loving and accepting yourself!

What is beauty according to you?
Beauty comprises of inner as well as outer beauty. As in if you do not have inner beauty like love, kindness and ettiquettes; nobody would care how beautiful you look physically. Especially Indian women are known for these attributes so its really essential to carry the beauty with you to be called Miss Beautiful.

Any subtitle contests that you are confident of winning in the main pageant?
First is Miss Body Beautiful that I won in the Kolkata pageant and belonging to the land of 'Bongs' who are known for beautiful eyes, I would definitely want to win Miss Eyeconic Eyes.

Your family was supportive?
My family has been my strength right from the beginning. Being from a very orthodox family, they never imagined that their daughter would ever be a part of Miss India. I can now proudly say that it was my parents who were always with me.

What advice would you give your city girls who are aspiring beauty queens?
I would advice them that "Femina" is a very prestigious platform to showcase your hidden beauty. Believe in yourself and you will actually get what you want.

If you had one wish, what is the one thing you would ask for?
The "CROWN"

What do you like most about yourself?
I love being a small town girl because of which I have my simple values and I believe this is the biggest quality of a Miss India.

Any final thoughts?
Different people don't do different things, they do things differently! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts